Ready for a new challenge?
Wind Turbine Technician
SummaryThe Wind Turbine Technician role requires the ability to multi-task and work in various crews relating to the erecting of wind turbines. Wind Farms installation experience and/or Wind Turbine Technician diploma is an asset. The technician is expected to learn and apply skills in the area of mechanics, rigging, electrical and quality control.
Role and Responsibilities
- Works on crews as assigned. The technician role can vary between Grout crew, Quality Control, Pre-Assembly, Electrical, Mechanical, Top-Out, Tensioning and additional crew breakdown as required to successfully construct wind turbines.
- Management reserves the right to change crew roles and re-assign/re-distribute assignments as necessary to ensure the completion of wind turbine erection on schedule.
- Closely adheres to all safety standards and procedures. Identifies risks and gaps in safety execution in the operational environment and either stops work/escalates or implements defined and appropriate mitigation methods with appropriate oversight. Demonstrates risk-averse safety behavior at all times.
- Encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are practiced.
- Demonstrates integrity, strong initiative, work ethic, as well as a focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- Performs basic level wind turbine construction and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes introductory operation and use of tools and basic turbine equipment. Documents tasks where required, performs labor duties as needed.
- Effectively gathers information regarding equipment (e.g. turbine) status. Seeks assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in execution.
- Follows defined instructions and erecting schedules, executing plans as directed and performs according to reasonably detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Effectively contributes to a strong team environment through assisting team mates in accomplishing mutual goals, supporting and promoting team spirit and cooperation.
- Proactively looks for improvement opportunities to job related processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels.
- This role will require travel, working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.